Senior Account Executive- Real Estate PR and Social Media
Beckerman is a leader in real estate communications. With offices in New York City and New Jersey, our passionate and experienced team of professionals partners with a diverse cross-section of companies, from developers that are creating entirely new neighborhoods, to technology firms that are innovating the business of real estate.
Beckerman is looking to fill a role of a Senior Account Executive with experience in media relations, content development and B2B social media management.
PR Primary Responsibilities
- Account Strategy:
- Support strategy sessions and assist with PR plan development
- Support the creative development process, identifying fresh approaches to clients’ programs
- Client Relations:
- Serve as a point of contact across accounts
- Take an active role in client update calls
- Work with teams to ensure maintenance of internal and client-facing dashboards
- Media and Analyst Relations:
- Participate in media strategy development across accounts
- Identify opportunities for proactive and reactive pitching
- Strengthen relationships with existing contacts and build connections with new reporters across top-tier print, online and broadcast outlets
- Master media outreach among trades and regional print, broadcast and online outlets
- Deliver exciting email and phone pitches
- Content Creation:
- Draft compelling press releases, bylines, case studies and sales collateral
- Deliver constructive feedback to help interns, AAEs and AEs strengthen writing
- Management and Mentorship:
- Work with interns, AAEs and AEs to develop and strengthen PR skills and understanding of clients’ industries
- Effectively “manage up” to Supervisors, Directors and VPs
- Participate in agency team building activities
Social Media Primary Responsibilities
- Work with colleagues and clients to develop integrated social media programs that achieve strategic objectives
- Develop and manage social media channels, including curating, creating and managing published content (written, video, and images)
- Monitor, listen and participate in the creation of responses to followers, while cultivating brand ambassadors, leads and sales
- Create compelling and shareable social media content that captures distinct brand voice and tone
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and help develop responses to each review
- Monitor social media campaign performance and produce reports that analyze the effectiveness of campaign content, audiences, and initiatives
- Advise on appropriate social media advertising budgets and manage implementation
Strategy and Counsel:
-Demonstrates ability to think strategically, connect client goals and objectives with PR program approaches and make sound recommendations to clients. Regularly guides clients regarding strategy and program direction. Knows when to consult with and make recommendations to Director, VP regarding more significant client issues.
-A strategic thinker and strong communicator who is passionate about developing creative approaches to connecting and fostering relationships with online audiences.
-Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
-Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for AP Style, spelling and grammar. Tailors writing style to meet varying needs.
-Volunteers readily. Undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities. Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Asks for help when needed.
-Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
-Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, media relations or related area
- 3+ years of direct public relations experience or related areas
- 2+ years of B2B social media management experience (agency experience preferred but not required)
- Experience with social media graphic design (ie. Canva, Adobe Spark)
- Experience managing ad campaigns and budgets a plus, but not required
- Basic proficiency in social media management tools (ie. HootSuite, Business Manager)
- Direct reports: Interns (with Account Supervisors)
- Secondary reports: AAEs, AEs
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- 18 days PTO to start, plus winter recess and summer Fridays
- 401k with 4% match
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Commuters Benefits
- Gym Reimbursement
- 2 days work from home policy
- Professional development and training
- Regular outings, celebrations, happy hours and adventures
Candidates should demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, the ability to work under deadlines and in a fast-paced environment as well as the strategic mindset and stick-to-itiveness required to land a front-page story, a major award or a top-notch speaking opportunity. An eagerness to roll up your sleeves, ability to think outside your job description and a sense of humor are a plus.
Previous coursework and/or work experience in public relations, marketing and/or digital/social media are preferred.
Responsibilities may include researching, tracking and developing traditional and social media coverage reports; assisting with the creation, compilation and distribution of press materials; building and maintaining media contact lists; researching industry developments and trends as background for client initiatives; and supporting social media programs.